Thursday, 25 August 2011

Song of Solomon


Our wedding at Oakfield Manor, at Chester Zoo back in June was a civil ceremony, so tomorrow we will be having a small church wedding blessing, which my dad will take, in Bourne Abbey, Lincolnshire. 

 

Guests at our wedding at Chester Zoo

 

Mum and dad moved to Bourne in 2000 when dad retired. Sadly mum only lived there for 18 months - she is buried in the church yard.

 

Bourne Abbey

 

I get to wear my lovely dress again, but this time I'll be doing my own hair, make up and nails. 

 

A civil ceremony means that you can't include anything even remotely religious - tomorrow we get to have some beautiful readings, including The Song of Solomon. Even though it's not going to be a big do, I know that you'll all be thinking of us. When you read this verse, just stop, spare us a thought and wish us good luck for a long, happy and now church blessed marriage.


The greatest of these is love. Song of Solomon 2:10-13


My beloved spoke and said to me,
“Arise, my darling,
my beautiful one, come with me.
See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land.
The fig tree forms its early fruit;
the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
my beautiful one, come with me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment