Sunday, 18 September 2011

The Wanderer Returns!

Well, I made it back in one piece from the most fabulous road trip around New England, topped off, not with a big cherry - but with a huge, big, massive juicy New York apple. With 1,200 miles driven along highways and dirt roads, we've visited 'the visited' and the 'not so visited' and met lots of characters and had lots of adventures along the way.

You've got to love it!


My body is in shreds after throwing everything at this two and a half weeks and my bank balance isn't much better. But do you know what? You only go on honeymoon once (or twice in our case) and I wouldn't have changed a single thing. The fact that I had my best friend with me - who I introduced as 'my husband' at every available opportunity - made things all the better.

Tris and his old boot!



For someone who 12 months ago was in tears trying to walk back up the hill to the car park in St Ives and who three months before that couldn't even make it to the toilet without help - over the last two weeks, I've hiked up mountains, I've biked, I've camped, I've canoed, I've stood on the top of the world, I've laid some very sad 9/11 memories to bed and I've quite literally walked The Freedom Trail away from a really, really tough couple of years. To say that we haven't stopped is an understatement, and the fact that I managed to do it all and keep up makes me want to sing louder than Andrea Bocelli did in Central Park on Thursday evening.


It took me a while, but I got there in the end.


I've been making notes like a loon to capture all the quirky, funny things that happened along the way, so I've got lots of blog material for next week. So sit back, buckle up and enjoy the ride .....


In the mean time, I have a cat who is not letting us out of his sight, a mountain of ironing and an overcast Manchester sky, but this You Tube clip from The Beautiful South about the city I call home made me smile . I hope it  makes you smile too!


Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment