Monday, 24 October 2011

Caption the Action - Shingle Bells!

Well, I've had a bit of a set back today. 

It seems I have shingles. I thought I was turning into a unicorn with massive (and highly unattractive) lesions on my forehead, but apparently not. 

So that's a bit rubbish. The only thing it has going for it is that it rhymes with Pringles - and even that's a bit tenuous.

When I was little, I used to think that shingles made your skin look like fish scales (as in a shingle beach). In the same way that I used to think that when a criminal was held in custody, they were actually restrained in a room full of custard, on the basis that it's quite thick and difficult to swim in.

With all this unanticipated drama, I've not had chance to produce a witty or poignant piece of literary genius for you today. Instead I'm reverting to my back up plan, with another 'Caption the Action' competition.

Under the circumstances, there was really only one picture to choose. 


Impression of Ned Kelly in Ballarat.
 
Do your worst. The winner will be announced on Monday 31st October - the prize will be something fabulous (TBC).


4 comments:

  1. Alison was delighted that all her hard work had paid off and her dream had come true - she'd finally bin spotted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tris had nagged one too many times about takIng the bin out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison's beard had got out of hand. It was time for a trim. She remembered that the pudding bowl had worked wonders for her hairstyle as a child, but it wasn't big enough. Then she had a brainwave...

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the winner is - Cat!
    Your prize will be some lovely cup cakes which I will bake for you xx

    ReplyDelete