|Picture Source en.wikipedia.org|
I've just had a very similar cinematic experience.
Despite the name of my blog, would you believe that I've never actually seen the 1946 Christmas classic - 'It's a Wonderful Life'!
I'm quite ashamed.
So, I'm going to go right this minute and buy the DVD and watch it. However I've just watched the last 10 minutes on You Tube - so this is what I know so far:
- Jimmy Stewart (George) is on a bridge in the snow shouting to someone called Clarance that he wants to live again.
- We are in a place called Bedford Falls.
- It's Christmas.
- There's a reunion with his previous life (so it seems that Clarance came good).
- There's an arrest warrant.
- He has more children than the Von Trapp family - one of which is called Zu-Zu (?) who is apparently ginger.
- People arrive and start throwing money at him.
- Long lost brother Harry turns up and they all sing Auld Lang Syne.
- There's a book with an inscription:
- A bell rings on the Christmas tree.
- The end - Hurrah!
Using my Sherlock Holmes powers of deduction I would say that George has probably been in the jungle on 'I'm a Celebrity'. The programme is so awful there is an arrest warrant out on him for crimes against entertainment. But he's won which is why people are throwing money at him. Clarance getting his wings is probably something to do with Russel Grant getting blasted out of a cannon.
Am I close?
I guess I'll just have to watch it from the beginning and find out........... (to be continued).